Welcome!

First time on this blog? Beijing Traffic Lesson: Left Turn is probably a good place to start.

Friday, April 13, 2007

Me in China: An Artistic Rendering



I am a big man.

Not in the sense of important, or generous, but literally. I am 6 feet 4 inches, 220 pounds of pure buttery German-Irish goodness.

In Minnesota, I'm just a fairly big guy. In China, I have a feeling I will stand out a bit more.

Adding to this is my full beard. I've been spending time on some Beijing related message boards, and I asked how this would be viewed there. The reply? "In China, only monkeys and foreigners have [facial] hair."

So to help me envision how I'll feel when I'm there, I commissioned an artist's rendering of a typical street scene in Beijing and how I would appear.



Oh yeah. I'll blend right in.